YMads.com

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2005

When bad things happen to bad people

And when I say bad, I mean less-human-than-weasel. That's right, I'm talking about Tucker Carlson. A couple of months ago or so, he said (on MSNBC) that he's "always respected" the French for blowing up a Greenpeace ship, killing a member of its crew. "It was a bold and good thing to do."

Now that, already, is enough to make me wish I could see him thrown naked into a severe winter, with insufficient food. Maybe leave him his goddamn bow tie so he'd have to eat it. But get this.

It'd be one thing, if he had the intestinal fortitude to stand up and say "yes, I believe pro-enviromental activism should be punishable by death." But no, he doesn't even have the courage of his own insane convictions.

Dig this conversation between Carlson and Greenpeace Executive Director John Passacantando:


TC: ...The French Government did not intend to kill anyone, therefore it is not terrorism. This is an important distinction. Vandalizing the ship was impressive on France’s part. I don’t support terror.

JP: Bombing a ship is terrorism. Killing a man is murder.

TC: You should know about vandalism, you guys engage in it all the time.

JP: We are a peaceful organization that engages in no violence to people or property.

TC: Spraying paint on seals is the same kind of vandalism, blocking entrances with your bodies…

JP: So would you call Martin Luther King, Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi vandals?

TC: I don’t want to make a generalization.

(Empasis mine)

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to put this man down with my knees in his chest, slapping him repeatedly and saying:

"KILLING A MAN IS DIFFERENT THAN BLOCKING THE ENTRANCE TO A BUILDING! JUST LIKE A LIE STARTING A WAR THAT KILLS TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IS DIFFERENT THAN A LIE ABOUT A MISTRESS! IT'S DIFFERENT BECAUSE AT THE END OF ONE PEOPLE ARE DEAD, AND AT THE END OF THE OTHER PEOPLE ARE NOT! DO YOU GET THAT, YOU INHUMAN..."

Ahem. Sorry. Say, you know who I don't like? Tucker Carlson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...