YMads.com

Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2005

Lucky Fin

Since Peter Jennings died from complications of lung cancer, and it was revealed that Dana Reeve, widow of Christopher, has it, there's been a bit of wishful thinking in the press. The hope is that this will inspire people, perhaps especially young people, to stop smoking.

I see a handful of reports that says more smokers are looking to quit and calling the ALA and I hope it's true. But color me skeptical, I don't think addiction works that way.

I don't want to nag my one or two friends who do smoke--they know I wish they wouldn't, and I know they'd like to quit. Besides, I'm sure there are one or two things they wish I wouldn't do that are bad for my health. And I don't think the death of a reporter or "Superman's widow" being sick is going to help us make those choices.

But if anything could, I wish that this would: Dan Lee, a character designer at Pixar studios, is dead.
He designed Nemo in Finding Nemo and Boo in Monsters, Inc. It was lung cancer. He was 35.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...