YMads.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

BAFTA Awards 2010

I had quite high hopes for the BAFTA red carpet, especially for Carey Mulligan, but in actual fact, the red carpet dresses last night were pretty average. I didn't notice anyone who had got it totally wrong, so I guess that's a good thing. But there was little to nothing that made me really go wow. Normally you can expect a great Thandie Newton appearance at the BAFTA Awards, but it looked like she stayed home last night. Here are some of the women who were on the red carpet:

bafta01
Best Dressed: Kate Winslet in Stella McCartney and Audrey Tautou in Lanvin
These two were definitely the best dressed of the night. Kate looked really elegant in the black Stella dress, I think it is one of her best red carpet looks ever. And it's impossible to dislike Audrey or Lanvin - so put them together and you have a winning look.


bafta02
Second Best Dressed: Carey Mulligan in Vionnet and Anna Kendrick in Pucci
This floral printed Vionnet was not what I expected to see Carey in at all, and I think it worked rather well. Anna's Pucci dress was also unexpected. I think Carey was the better dressed of the pair but they both made interesting choices.


bafta3
Coming in Third: Kristen Stewart in Chanel Couture and Claire Danes in Burberry
I don't understand the fuss surrounding Robert or Kristen. Last night he looked beyond gross with the dirtiest hair I've ever seen on live TV and Kristen looked so grumpy. And Claire Danes looked pretty in Burberry, but it was a very forgettable red carpet appearance.

At least the ELLE Style Awards are on tonight (I'm 98% sure the Olsen's will be there) so at least we're safe in the knowledge tonight will bring a more exciting red carpet.
What did you think of the BAFTA red carpet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...