YMads.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Shahrukh will realise I was right: Aamir Khan

[Shahrukh,+Aamir.jpg]
Aamir Khan is back in Mumbai after travelling the length and breadth of India in various disguises.

How was the experience of moving around the country?

It was the most amazing and enriching experience. Which place was the best experience? Was there a problem in Gujarat due to Narendra Modi's ban on you during Fanaa?

Gujarat is not forbidden for me. The entire experience was enriching, wherever I went – Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. There were three layers to this. One was the marketing angle. The other was to connect with my motherland and see my country very closely. It was a rare opportunityfor me. And the third layer was the issues I wanted to bring to fore.

What kind of issues?

For example in Chanderi, I brought the plight of the weavers to fore. One-and-a-half years ago, someone had told me how are weavers are out of job. So the idea to go to a weaver's house was to help the art form stay alive. Also, in Gujarat, I went to a school to show there was free education up to the seventh standard, and the girl child's schooling is encouraged. I wanted to use my presence to highlight these issues.

Was everything planned?

No, I had not planned anything. For example, Varanasi was an emotional experience for me since I went to the place where my mother grew up. I actually decided to spend the night at Varanasi station to highlight the railways, which are the lifeline of the country. But one thing led to another and I went in search of my mother's house. But yes, we had sent four teams to do a recce of all the places three months ago. So the team helped me all along. I was in disguise so my code name was Phantom.

Is there any particular incident that remains in your mind apart from Varanasi?

In Mahabalipuram, there was this guide, Lakshman. I had a problem revealing myself in front of him. He did not watch Hindi films, and the stars he knew were only Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra. He did not know who Aamir Khan or Shah Rukh Khan was, leaving me in a fix. I had to tell him I've been acting for 20 years, and have invited him to the premiere in Mumbai. He will be there.

Shah Rukh Khan has condemned your 'vanishing act'…

Shah Rukh might not agree with what I've done now. But he will realise later that I was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...