YMads.com

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Trendy Maternity Swimsuits - Do They Exist?

Swimsuit season is gearing up again and it's time to begin the dreaded task of viewing my winterized body in flesh-baring attire. Only this spring, I'm not only lacking a tan but also a waistline. Shopping for a trendy swimsuit during pregnancy sounds about as fun as a root canal, but it is possible to still look cute in a swimsuit with a bulging belly.

There are some positive reasons for wearing a swimsuit during pregnancy. I have an excuse for displaying a very large stomach and can easily hide a few extra pounds leftover from the holidays. For someone like me who is normally lacking in curves, my breasts actually are visible. And if I'm willing to expose my tummy to the sun, my tan will be even darker after baby arrives and my skin shrinks back down. Okay, I've convinced myself that it is worth going to the pool in my current state.
The same trendy swimsuit options are all available for the mommy-to-be: full-coverage one piece, tankini, or even a bikini. Hats off to the pregnant women proudly displaying their growing bellies in a bikini, but I tend to be more of a tankini kind of gal. I have a little more coverage, but can still get some sun on my stomach if I so desire.

Thankfully this year is very fashion-friendly to us pregnant women. Most of the current fashion trends are easily transferable into pregnancy styles, and the same is true of swimwear. The ever-slimming black is a classic look that will never fade if I want to downplay my size, or I can opt for the vivid colors of the season. Bright colors are everywhere, whether in solids or patterns. How bold I choose to go is all up to me.

Also, there are some very pregnancy friendly and flattering swimsuit cover-ups available. Tunics, skirts, and smocked dresses all are available for my fashion consumption and offer a little more coverage. How can I not want to shop for swimwear attire with all the options available to me? It's time to go wild with my big, pregnant self.

By Rylee James

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...