YMads.com

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Some feelings and pics from the Seattle anti-prop 8 march today

Yes, I was there, but for the record I didn't take any of these pictures (no camera). I scooped these up from various and sundry sources, which I will identify.

Reportedly the current police estimate is that there were 6,000 of us, but many who were there think it was larger. I'm terrible at estimating numbers, so I won't try.

All I know is that when it was over I was so tired I didn't know which way was up--and maybe I still don't--but I felt good.

Here's a blog post from one of our local weeklies, The Stranger, which is also where I found this picture:



These next two are by JeanineAnderson:





One of the little perks for us straight boy allies and the lesbians in the crowd--a naked lady on the balcony of a high-rise. I did wonder whether she was being supportive, just an exhibitionist, or both...but why pick?

These were taken by AJ.



(Often quite literally...)






A lot of things at the event made me smile; this was one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...