YMads.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

exercise

VH1 is running a competition wherein you submit a four-line poem about Madonna, and if yours is one of two selected, you get tickets to her New York performance at the Roseland Ballroom.



For a lark (and creative exercise), I decided to enter. Transportation to NYC is unfortunately not included in the prize, but in the against-all-odds event that I should win, I'll deal with that when I come to it (as I will the matter of who I'd bring).



This was my submission. I make no claims for its great lyricism, but it satisfies me:

Madonna works her figures out, stripped
On Sunset, Academy awards pout
Dressing up in all our love
Amazement fit just like a glove



You can see that poem and/or as many others as you like at the linked page above.

A young woman (I'm assuming) named Kelly Smith has made more than a few attempts; I guess she really wants those tickets.



Do you suppose she could be the same Kelly Smith I blogged about a couple of years ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...