YMads.com

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Give me your shoulder, I need a place To wait for morning...I deny any mission, escape definition...

I want to run a couple of videos, just because I think the songs are great. Watch them, watch one but not the other, watch only enough to see whether or not you agree with me. I really don't care.

I think these songs are great.

The first is one of my favorite Thomas Dolby songs, which means it's one of the best-produced, best written electronic pop should-have-been-hits of the '80s. With more keyboard hooks than are dreamt of in Beyonce's philosphy.

There's really nothing much more to say than: "Airwaves."


Now in My Girlfriend's Boyfriend, there's an almost thrown away reference to Colley & Keitha once having done a lip synch performance to a Hue & Cry song at day camp. This is the song I was thinking of. It's a paradoxically breezy yet rough edged early song by the Scottish pop duo. I've been a big fan of it for about 20 years now.

And it seemed fitting for my two characters because it is about, simply, refusing to accept the definitions that other people put on you.

And it's called, fittingly, "I Refuse."



I hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...