YMads.com

Search This Blog

Monday, January 1, 2007

It's no new years resolution, It's more than that



For what it's worth, this is my favorite new years song, and also one of my all-time favorites period. As I've said, I always think of it as "our song" for a girlfriend I had once. Partly because our anniversary fell on on new years, but mostly because of the lines about

No more empty self-possession
Vision swept under the mat
It's no new years resolution
It's more than that

No there's nothing quite as real
As a touch of your sweet hand
I can spend the rest of my life
Buried in the sand.


I think of that time as the last, really, that I thought I might be able to lead a simple life and run from my artistic inclinations.

Aside from that I just love hearing the song with its sweet lushness, so different both from most Split Enz and Crowded House hit singles. All of which I also have high regard for, by the way-everybody knows what really good songwriters Neil Finn & his brother Tim were/are. It's just that to my knowledge this doesn't sound like anything else they ever did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...