YMads.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Okay...I know this isn't exactly a new question

...but could someone please tell me what L.A. does to some women? Let me explain what I'm talking about.

Once or twice around here and in my old blog, I've expressed my horror at redheaded actress Laura Prepon going blonde. My tongue is somewhat in my cheek when I say these things but not entirely. I considered the way her red hair set off her carnal, sensual face to be one of the most strikingly attractive things about her.

Now, as a blonde, her face just kind of disappears into the woodwork.

Jennifer Grey is another, and probably the most extreme, version of what I'm talking about. As most people probably know by now, she had a nose job that rendered her unrecognizable. And completely destroyed what was most distinctive-and I'd always thought kinda sexy-about her face.

So here's what brought this on. Early this morning, I'm watching the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Sara Rue, star of the sitcom Less Than Perfect is to be a guest. I've never actually seen an episode of Less Than Perfect, but I'd caught glimpses of Rue here and there. From what I saw on Celebrity Poker Showdown and the like, she seemed to have a decent sense of humor about herself, always attractive in a woman. And she was a big-sized girl, but damn if it didn't look great on her.


So-as if you're not already ahead of me-Ferguson introduces her and this walks out:


As I say, I know this isn't exactly a new question. But could someone tell me what L.A. does to some women that makes them want to remove what's most striking, attractive, distinctive, sexy and great-looking about themselves?

In favor of looking like everybody else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...